Sunday, May 3, 2009

productivemargo

Productivity is everything. Well, Balance is everything and then productivity, which should always be at the top of the list. Production is key. That is just my opinion. My knee and hip feels so much better and I am able to hop and skip around like the little rambunctious painter I am. The last few days have taken me on a fun ride all the while keeping it studiomargo.

This painting is of me as a little girl planting with my Grandma. My Grandma was many things during her life. I remember her the most as a farmer. My siblings and I would plant in her front and back yards. I remember planting lots of garlic. O how Grandma loved her garlic and butter.


Fine Art Base had a lecture series that I and three other members of the Octopi Collective attended. Michele Muennig was the artist who spoke. It was great to talk with her and get to discuss her work.



And away we go! It was time for my opening reception at the Kathleen McMahon Fine Art Gallery in the Mission. All artist showing sold work that night. It was a great night for the gallery. The building that the gallery is in had an open studio night so I went to check out the work and say hi to some of the artists. Katja Leibenath and Mark Powers are great artists with studios in the building. I always like to drop by and say hello when Im in the City.






So like I said in the beginning of this post, production is key. To the studio! I spent some time at the local beaches soaking up inspiration and thinking of the grid. The work below is for sale at KMFA. This was the first time I created a diptych in my Asilomar series.





O and here is a photo of my assistants they are dancin' to the studio music. My assistants keep me in line and clean my brushes. With that said, after a few days in the studio making sweet artistic love, we packed up the art and went back to the city.



There is nothing quite like a wind whirlin' roof-top lunch in the city. It is amazing what happens in life, when you just let it. I found myself at a cool art event. The music was awesome the food was great and the conversation was inspiring. Kellen Sullivan was showing and here are a few images of her work that spaned over 15 years of creating.












Now off for a walk around to check out the Coit Tower.





It was all fun and very educational. :) Now it is back to the magical Monterey for me. It is time for the opening of Christel Dillbohner opening at the Winfield Gallery in Carmel. It is a great show and if you have a chance to check it out, You and your friends really should.









I am gearing up for my group opening at the Bedford Gallery in Walnut Creek. That is this Wednesday from 5 to 7. I am going to be showing two pieces for the exhibiton, 'Working in Wax.' I am so jazzed about it. First showing in Walnut Creek. I will be in some amazing company and I cant wait to show you all the pictures from the event. Have a great week and happy creations to you!

No comments: