Friday, March 11, 2011

Nicholas Coley & Kristen van Diggelen :: The Cottage Industry Painting Salon

Wednesday night was the opening reception for Nicholas Coley's "Earthenworks" at the Cottage Industry Salon which is located at 2326 Fillmore Street (btw Clay and Washington) San Francisco, CA. This is a unique space which was quickly filled with San Franciscans of all kinds that fluttered into the CIP Salon. From art collectors and artists to astrologers and realtors people were discussing about Coley's color palette and the landscapes they call home.

 



The next four photographs are paintings that are created by Kristen van Diggelen.



Below is Nicholas Coley discussing his work.

While walking in the hallway I hear Nick's voice say, some of his best work is in the bathroom and that we should go check it out! So there we were. Kristen van Diggelen who runs the space came walking by as I was fitting so snugly into the art filled bathroom looking at the work.

 




The opening was a smash. Coley always brings in a crowd. If you are in the area I would advise to go check out his work, you will not be disappointed.  I met Coley about a year ago and I have been to several of his openings in various buildings in San Francisco. I enjoy the development of Coley as a painter. I will continue to watch him paint.

No comments: