Friday, July 15, 2011

Public Art in Davis, CA

Last month I stepped "Outside the Box" with the City of Santa Cruz and the Graphic Traffic Boxes Program. This month I take a look at how two of my painting peers are also stepping outside the box. Sofia Lacin and Hennessy Christophel are working on an extremely large water tank in Davis, CA. These two painters have started the second coat. With some of the mathematics, new tool learning and adjusting to their new home out of the way LandC  are ready to turn it up with some music and Davis heat.














I'm very excited for Sofia and Hennessy I think the best part about large/new projects are all of the hands on learning that occurs. I did not comment on any of the specifics for example how they broke the tank up into 13 different squares, for specifics like that you can go (HERE) for all things tankie.

We will be checking in on the progress in a few weeks, so ladies, we wish you well. Stay Hydrated!

No comments: