Tuesday, September 23, 2008

KVIE PREVIEW PARTY-Art Auction 2008


Well, This past Monday was KVIE's Art Auction Preview Party. This was such an awesome experience, great event, and a great way to give back to community. This event had just over 800 artists apply for the juried competition and a little over 250 got juried into this event. I entered my Untitled piece, which is my largest encaustic work thus far. Here are a few photographs from the event. This event brings the greater Sacramento community together, with art lovers, artists, family members, friends, art collectors, and there were even a few racing teams there last night i heard.



Here she is, in all her glory, third highest bid of the night, someone out bid the first guy. Very exciting. If you are interested in bidding on this piece you can get your speed bid number here. My work is going to be auctioned off on Saturday September 27th from 5:00pm to 5:30pm.

Here is an awesome water color...


That was a wrap. Dad and I drank wine, ate foodies, discussed art, technique and the constant topic of the color black. It seems to pop up in every conversation i have had with him since i was five. I never get tired of it either. I love it. So, we left extremely happy with the great bids on my work, excited to see what may come on Saturday at 5:00pm on KIVE or online.

Here you go, a treat for you. Here is a Scouty-Ma-Touty original. I did a large series of him in high school. He is currently on the mantle. Now it is off to bed with an early bed time and an early awake time. I am so stoked to be able to give back to KVIE which has given me so much growing up. Thank you once again.

No comments: