Sunday, September 7, 2008

1214

In the past few days I have traveled far and wide for friends and family. There isn't much painting going on in the studio because of the 1,214 miles I have traveled since Labor Day weekend. So as a result I will be sparse with the creative photographs. I did have such an amazing time and I do miss my family and it is so awesome seeing everyone grow up.
The first round of travel was to good old Reno, where each way was different traffic. On the way up I was able to park the car, take photos, play Charles Mingus really loud while reading a Corel Painter Magazine. I was so excited that even though I left my art history books with my dad that weekend, i did find conte and a blank canvas in my car, how awesome is that? It is pretty amazing if you ask me. I always find it so interesting how people act in situations like these, thank goodness i always have some image evolving in my head.







So away i go, traffic dissipated, and i put the conte down. I will say i got a solid idea on canvas, so, that 1.5 hours in the car, was worth it.

So here is just a night shot driving through, and just to note, I am not driving...



And the motorcycles flying by, as always...away I go.

A new day is here and the travel back was horrible two hours of stop and go, no time for conte, and no time for reading, but time for random no looking shots from the Nikon. He is one of my favs.


This past weekend, back at the ranch. Here is a photograph of my parents pomegranate tree.


Now i know i haven't been as productive as i am usually, probably all the more better to take a bit of a break because there are a lot of ides brewing in my brain especially with these new books i have received and started to read. I was able to make my sister and brother cool birthday cards . My sister has this funny black Lab and she works at a rad cheese company. My bro, well he is great with computers...but as you see in the card below, he is a pc user...haha....but he does have an iphone so there, anyways, we all had a great time, ate cake, told hilarious stories and said hi to the cats we grew up with.

I have a feeling the next few days will be exciting, I'll have more on that later.


No comments: