Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Creations

My world is full of painting, community and yoga. Since my arrival back from Nebraska I won a proposal from Fine Art Base. I won a studio space for a month to create some work for a showing the group of artists will be having on the 28th of this month. The work is to be based on art + environment. So i have moved my encaustic studio over to Fine Art Base located in Sand City. I have been so productive. I am using found objects and a Monterey Bay inspired color palette for the work. I will be showing with three other local artists. I am very excited about the space. There is so much positive energy in this group work envirnoment. I really have fallen in love with this space and working around other artists. It is a great change for my work flow. So check out the images below, enjoy and I will see you on the 28th in Sand City.








Here is on of the other artists, J.R. Uretsky. She is creating a huge installation and involving the community in the process.

Here is a kelp pour with Rodney Thompson panel. :)


RandFpaints with my clay tool scraper.

I just want to let you all know what a great thing deconstructing is. I have been reusing my wood panels that do not sell. It can be such a great feeling deconstructing older work that I have move on from. Here is a piece I did for a local showing at Cafe Lumiere. And now....it is something else...









O here is another panel i had created from Rodney. I cant wait to show you the finished product.


No comments: