Sunday, March 22, 2009

She's Outside the Box

Alright, well, since today is deemed blog Sunday I am going to do just that. Here is a little photo step by step of my production in the last week. I am gearing up for this showing at Fine Art Base, I have been working very hard. I am currently painting 10 hours a day with a one hour lunch in between. The theme for the exhibition is art + environment. I am focusing on the topography of Monterey and using found objects in my work. I am also working on a new project that is 8ft by 4 ft acrylic and encaustic. Below is my process. Come to the opening in Sand City on March 28th from 7-10 at Fine Art Base located at 625 Redwood Ave. it is going to be a great show.

I am working on two 8x4' panels to create this piece. It has been such an amazing freeing experience to work larger. Although it really isnt large, in comparison with my 6x6 encaustic paintings i have been doing, this is huge. I love this space! Gesso, Cut outs, sand down, acrylic, wax, fuse...here is my process that was over several days.

























No comments: