Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That

So tomorrow is the big opening reception at the National Steinbeck Center and I can hardly wait to show you the images that will be taken and the new work that is on display there. As of now, I have been prepping for this exhibition, shipped my first set of paintings out to Atlanta, GA, mailed out cds to potential showings, and I'm staying productive in the studio. After my learning experience from the National Steinbeck Center work, I have taken to working larger in encaustic. I love it! I love being able to play with scale and have large energetic movement sweeping the panel.

Aside from my painting there have been many different things going on in and around Monterey and here are a few shots of the moments, people, and feelings that I take in, think about, process and create work from.
















hey, J.R. good luck at UCONN. You are a great source of magical wondrous.


No comments: