Monday, November 7, 2011

17th Ave Studiomargo

Since my move into the 17th Ave Studios in Santa Cruz the robots are in full force. I'm set up and organized in the 11x12ft studio space that over looks train tracks.

Here is the entrance of my studio. Continued with a few shots of the space with my books and supplies.


 

Here is the first painting created in the studio.


Here is a shot for scale. "Let's Fly Away" is the title of this piece. This year I have been working on my relationships with friends and my family. I feel so grateful for the people in my life. "Let's Fly Away" is about relationships, partnerships that we form as humans. I was once isolated and surrounded only by the creatures I created. I am now surrounded by love of my family and friends. These 'robots' were created out of pain and longing for important relationships with people and now they are taking me on journeys that are pouring with love and pure bliss. I know I will always have these creatures with me, but it is so amazing to know that I also have love and support from my network.



I am in process of labeling and wrapping my work and storing it, here is one of my ink drawings on clayboard from Bonny Doon, titled, well, I think you might be able to gather what the title is, or make one up that is pretty close to the real thing.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love the latest robots!
Wendy