Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pajaro Valley Arts Council

This past Sunday I finally got the chance to check out the Pajaro Valley Arts Council (PVAC). I have heard about the PVAC and the really great shows they have been putting together. I went to "Best of Show: Fur Flippers, Feathers and Fuzz" the curators are Arlene Gotshalk, Jane Gregorins, Mary Neater, and Teresa Zolar. The gallery hours are Wednesday through Sunday 11-4pm and ADA Accessible. PVAC is located at 37 Sudden Street, Watsonville, CA you can call them (831)- 722-3062 or visit their website HERE. Here are some photographs of the show.

Really this place is quirky and cool full of charm and warmth! I can't believe I didn't make it over sooner! I hope you enjoy the show!









The piece below was the one piece out of the whole show that I am still thinking about. I love the delicate qualities, the idea behind it, and the technical execution of the piece, really beautiful. Rose Sellery's work is still on my mind.



Here are some 17th Ave Studio Artist in the show!
Below is the work of Roberta Lee Woods, check out her site HERE.


Fanne Fernow's blue cat, check out Fanne's site HERE.


Below is Pat M-Towery's koi piece. Check out here site HERE.




Below is Maggie Yee and here is a link to more of her work HERE .



This really was a fun show full of smiles and people talking about animals near and dear to their hearts. The next show at the PVAC is Luminescence, Works in Glass, August 26 -October 6. I hope you can make it out to check out this great spot in Santa Cruz County.

Have a great week!

No comments: