Monday, February 6, 2012

Linda Womack :: Portland, OR

I am a lucky painter, I was able to visit the ventilated, art crawling studio of Linda Womack. It is always great to see the work in person. I met Linda, at the 2009 IEA retreat near my old stomping grounds in Carmel Valley. I also attended the 2010 Encaustic Conference, where Linda taught. She is currently teaching online encaustic classes, so if you do not have the chance to head to Portland to take classes in Womack's studio, just click here and let your studio flourish with Linda, where ever you are located. The universe magically opened up an opportunity for me to get to check out Portland and I spent some time in Linda's creative space. She played body moving drum music in her studio as I saturated my eyes with her new work. I recently saw some of Womack's newest work online so I was excited to see this new work up close with a big smile on my face. But first to the galleries! I enjoyed most of the work in all the galleries I visited. My favorite work is currently showing at the Froelick Gallery on Davis Street. Nat Meade is currently showing the work that just had me giggly all over. If you are not in Portland, check out his work and purchase it if you have the opportunity.





Here we are at Linda's studio, surrounded by charm, trees and the crisp Northwestern air.







Thank you Linda for the studio time! 

Portland, I love you. I know my vision of Portland is skewed. No rain, no overcast skies. Sun, magic, good food, great art, Mt. Hood, and Powell's Book Store...what more could a human want?! What a positively amazing experience. Until next time! xo

No comments: